University Innovation Centre
University Innovation Centre is a joint service of Oulu University and Oulu UAS. It helps businesses to benefit from research results and expertise in developing their business.To the website
Kaisa Still, customer manager
Janne Haverinen, work life professor
Maarit Jokela, innovation agent
Niina Karvinen, business specialist
Pekka Räsänen, innovation agent
Jouko Uusitalo, business development manager, team lead
University of Oulu: https://www.oulu.fi/en/cooperation
Oulu University of Applied Sciences: https://www.oamk.fi/fi/palvelut/university-innovation-centre-uic
The University of Oulu and the Oulu University of Applied Sciences are excellent collaboration partners in research, education and innovation activities. The University Innovation Centre (UIC) combines services from the University of Oulu and the Oulu University of Applied Sciences.
The University Innovation Centre combines services from the University of Oulu and the Oulu University of Applied Sciences. It offers competences and research results for companies, at the same time supporting commercialization of research.
We have services for companies and organizations regardless of size or area of business. We offer:
- expertise and research services,
- new technologies and technology transfer,
- analytical and testing services,
- collaboration related to studies and students, as well as
- continuous education in many forms
UIC can help you to find partners and services
1. For your specific needs
- We can help you to define the need
- We can match you with the specific university offering
- We can facilitate the first meeting
2. For wider collaboration needs and future-forward activities
- We can help you to define your needs and approaches
- We can match you with wider university offering
- We can facilitate your first meeting of finding out about collaboration possibilities
For university personnel:
UIC can help you to take your research further
1. Finding industry/business partners for your research results
- Trainings for collaboration with companies
- Bringing company needs to researchers
- Support for Business Finland “Co-creation” and “Co-Innovation” funding
- Support for organizing and facilitating events/activities with companies
2. Commercializing research results
- Trainings for learning about immaterial rights and business development
- Managing university patent portfolio
- Support for Business Finland ”Research to Business” funding
- Support for inventions, patenting, licencing and startup/entrepreneuship
Avanto Accelerator: workshops and coaching services
Avanto Accelerator is aimed at all Oulu UAS students and staff.
BusinessOulu is your business partner and growth enabler. We offer growth companies competitive operating environments, partner networks and business services.
Centre for Health and Technology (CHT)
Centre for Health and Technology (CHT) creates new opportunities for future trends and pathways in the field of health and well-being.
OuluHealth Labs is a unique innovation, development and test environment for social and health fields. OuluHealth Labs is part of the OuluHealth ecosystem.